Sunday 7 February 2016

Changes // Cambios

Leer en español Hello darlings!
I won't make this any longer than I must because I know myself, I know how I can get caught up in trying to explain why I haven't posted in a long time and in trying to make a fine, decent text, so I'll just skip to the point.


new year, new me url

You may notice there is a slight change in the blog: the old learnwanderlustfly url has been replaced by a, in my opinion, much nicer url: valentineonapaperplane.

The reason why I have changed the url is because ever since I created this blog with the purpose of jotting down all my travelling experiences and the steps I take towards my one goal (travelling the world, as if that wasn't clear enough up to this point), I've burdened myself with the guilt of not updating this blog in forever.

And a blog shouldn't give you guilt, it should be a space where you can feel free to unwind, download, share, express, whatever. Something you do because you like it, not because you have to.

This guilt stems, of course, from my own I-never-get-any-shit-done-complex like tidying up my room srsly val it's been a year which I'm always trying to eradicate but never seems to go away. I set myself to have at least one post per week in this blog, of which I would feel proud of by the end of the year: it didn't seem like a hard task to accomplish, yet I have failed. Again.

So for the purposes of working hard towards my goal of not being a lazy fuck who can't even write a paragraph a week about any topic (a goal I need to accomplish in order to and before I focus on my bigger, aforementioned goal), I've sort of...steered the direction of this blog.

I know I promised not to make of this blog a very personal one (as in my everyday non-travelling related experiences) but I guess I'm kind of...unpromising that? wow val that says a lot about you I don't think anyone really cares if I do or don't tell my personal experiences, so let's move on.

Now I've gone from a purely 'travellish' url (learnwanderlustfly) to a more wide valentineonapaperplane which still captures the essence of travelling, but at the same time it has my name on it, making me a part of the blog. And by "me" I mean all the experiences and thoughts and likes and dislikes that make me...well, me.

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE SHUT UP MY CAT SO I CAN KEEP FOCUSING ON WRITING.
Thanks. Moving on.

The main reason behind this was that sometimes I felt I couldn't come up with enough topics related to travelling, culture and languages (there are plenty, I know) that I could relate to. 

(To begin with, I have not seen many places so as to claim to be a 'blog about travelling'.)

I felt like I had a list of certain things I had to check off: today I have to talk about this, tomorrow I have to talk about that. It felt pretty unnatural and it took away all the fun from writing and building a blog step by step, little by little; in the end, this cycle would result in me giving up on everything I started writing, starting all over again, scrapping what I had written...tons of unpublished drafts that kept piling up as the months went by.

So now I guess I'll write about whatever I want.

Easy fellas, I'll still write about stuff ya'll can relate to, not just my whines and complaints that no one wants to hear about when did i become an american and start saying ya'll. The goal of this blog remains the same: to record my life and improve my English as I do so.

As for me, a lot has changed. The ending of 2k15 and the beggining of 2k16 have given me a lot of new perspectives, but...I will tell you about that in another post, maybe. At this very moment it's 6:17 AM and I'm watching the sunrise from the window of my bedroom, which would be pretty kickass if it wasn't for the fact that I've spent the whole night awoken and I haven't had any sleep in thirty hours, so I'm kinda dying here...but at least the sight is pretty, yay.

Will I see you in a couple of days? Who knows.
I'm mysterious like that.






¡Hola gente!
No voy a hacer de esto algo más largo de lo que debo ya que me conozco y sé cómo siempre termino enredándome en explicaciones sobre por qué no he publicado en un largo tiempo y en tratar de hacer un texto lindo y decente, así que voy a saltearme esa parte y voy a ir directo al punto.

nuevo año, nueva yo url

Quizá noten que hay un pequeño cambio en el blog: el url antiguo, learnwanderlustfly fue reemplazado por un url que en mi opinión es mucho más bonito: valentineonapaperplane.

La razón por la cual he cambiado de url es porque desde que creé este blog con el propósito de anotar todas mis experiencias viajeras y los pasos que doy en pos de mi gran objetivo (que es viajar por el mundo, como si eso no hubiera quedado lo suficientemente claro ya), me he cargado con la culpa de no actualizar este blog casi nunca.

Y un blog no debería darte culpa, debería ser un espacio donde te sientas libre para desenvolverte, para descargarte, para compartir, expresar, lo que sea. Algo que hacés porque te gusta, no porque tenés que hacerlo.

Y esta culpa surge, por supuesto, de mi complejo de nunca-consigo-terminar-un-carajo como limpiar mi pieza el cual siempre trato de erradicar pero que nunca parece irse. Me propuse tener al menos un post por semana en este blog, algo de lo cual me sentiría orgullosa al terminar el año: no parecía una tarea difícil de realizar, y aquí heme, fallé. Otra vez.

Así que con el objetivo de alcanzar mi meta de no ser una haragana de mierda que no puede siquiera escribir un párrafo por semana sobre cualquier tema (una meta que necesito alcanzar para y antes de enfocarme en mi más grande y previamente mencionada meta), he hecho algo así como…redirigir la dirección de este blog.

Sé que prometí no hacer de este blog uno muy personal (refiriéndome a todas mis experiencias diarias no relacionadas con el tema de viajar) pero ahora estoy como…”desprometiéndolo”? wow eso dice mucho de vos val No creo que a nadie le importe si cuento o no mis experiencias personales, así que sigamos.

Ahora he pasado de un url puramente “viajero” a uno más amplio, que sigue capturando la esencia de viajar, pero al mismo tiempo tiene mi nombre en él, haciéndome a mí parte del blog. Y por “mí” me refiero a todas las experiencias, pensamientos, gustos y disgustos que hacen de mí…bueno…mí.

La principal razón detrás de esto fue que a veces sentía que no se me ocurrían suficientes temas relacionados a viajar, a las culturas y a los idiomas (hay muchos, lo sé) con los que me identificara.

(Para empezar, no he viajado a tantos lugares como para pretender ser un “blog sobre viajes”.)

Sentía que tenía una lista de ciertas cosas que tachar: hoy tengo que hablar de esto, mañana tengo que hablar de aquello. Se sentía poco natural y le sacaba toda la diversión a escribir y a construir un blog paso a paso, poquito a poco; al final, este ciclo resultaba en mí dándome por vencida con todo lo que empezaba a escribir, empezando todo de vuelta, desechando lo que había escrito…y muchos borradores no publicados que empezaban a apilarse a medida que pasaban los meses.

Así que supongo que ahora voy a escribir de lo que quiera.

Tranquilos, todavía voy a escribir sobre cosas pa’que todos se sientan identificados, no solamente sobre mis quejas y lloriqueos que nadie quiere escuchar ¿desde cuándo empecé a decir pa’que? El objetivo de este blog sigue siendo el mismo: grabar mi vida y mejorar mi manejo del inglés mientras lo hago.

Hablando de mí, mucho ha cambiado. El final del 2015 y el comienzo del 2016 me han dado muchas nuevas perspectivas, pero…les voy a contar sobre eso en otro post, tal vez. En este momento son las 6:17 de la mañana y estoy viendo amanecer desde la ventana de mi pieza, lo cual estaría muy bueno si no fuera por el hecho de que pasé toda la noche despierta y no he dormido en treinta horas, así que estoy como muriéndome…pero al menos el paisaje es lindo, yay.

¿Los veré en un par de días? Quién sabe.

Soy así de misteriosa.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Your comment is much appreciated. A penny for your thoughts? // ¡Hola! Tu comentario se aprecia mucho. ¿En qué estás pensando?